Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Review!


The Fault in Our Stars
Book Summary:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.


Review:
General:
I have never been one to pick up a book like this, stories that make you cry, stories that can happen to anyone around you, even to yourself... true stories are really not my thing. For this I seemed to change my mind... maybe it was the fact that there was a movie coming out, or how excited and in love everyone was with this book, whatever it was that made me pick up this book... THANK YOU!

Plot:
I loved the story, from the first moment I was captivated I had no idea what I was in for and I was pleasently surprised, the plot did talk about the cancer, it touched on the difficult moments living with cancer or having a child, friend, significant other that is living with cancer, but it also surrounds life, life of a teenage girl, falling in love with a guy and a book, and then falling out of love.... 

Characters:
I really did develop great feelings for these characters, not only Hazel and Gus but the secondary characters as well, Issac was a wonderful addition as he brought the sad realization to the book in a much different way then the story of Hazel has brought to us readers. He not only had to deal with cancer himself but with relationship problems.... Hazel and Gus' parents are all great additions to the story, of course we see a lot more about Hazels mom and dad but I love that you also get to feel the pain that they have trying to take care of a daughter who is terminally ill.

Ending:
Without telling you any spoilers if you have yet to read this book... it is NOT what I expected at all, I was shocked and sad, cried for days. DO NOT read this book in public you will regret it trust me! As much as I cried I loved the ending, sure I wanted to know what happened after but I feel John Green did a really god job at wraping it up nicely.

Writing:
Not much I can say about it... we all know John Green's writing is AMAZING! its a book geared and written in a language for teens and adults a like. He really knows how to make the story jump from the page and into our hearts!

Notes:
LOVE LOVE LOVE I really can't say anymore about it!

Rating




Never Back Down!
Never Give Up!


Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment