Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

Crank Book Review!

Book Summary:

In Crank, Ellen Hopkins chronicles the turbulent and often disturbing relationship between Kristina, a character based on her own daughter, and the "monster," the highly addictive drug crystal meth, or "crank." Kristina is introduced to the drug while visiting her largely absent and ne'er-do-well father. While under the influence of the monster, Kristina discovers her sexy alter-ego, Bree: "there is no perfect daughter, / no gifted high school junior, / no Kristina Georgia Snow. / There is only Bree." Bree will do all the things good girl Kristina won't, including attracting the attention of dangerous boys who can provide her with a steady flow of crank.

Review
I do like the format of the book it was different and not something that is seen very often but I felt it just did not fit with the story itself

Plot:
I did not like this book at all...the story itself... I cannot even write a real review because it angered me so much...

Characters
Kristina was annoying and childish, I would not relate to her at all, I know crank crank crank but I just felt like there could have been so much more when it came to the development of her characters. Do not even get me started on her alter-ego Bree...

Writing:
I just felt like the author was trying to hard to make the characters sound young and stupid... it was almost like every time I heard a word that I would have heard someone say when I was in highschool i wanted to throw the book... It is difficult to explain, it was like... imagin your grandparents using a certain word because they think the young kids say it these days... that is what it felt like reading this book...


The story itself for me was not even enjoyable, I thought I would be interested... I just really wasn't at all.



Notes:
I am not going to stop reading Ellen Hopkins because of one book. I will pick up more of her novels before making a decision on if I like her style or not.


I also just want to apoligize to Ellen, I hate bashing books but that is what I need to do in some cases, you are all reading my reviews to hear the truth, of course you may all LOVE this book, everyone has different taste but I am here to tell you my views and that is what I am doing!



Rating




Never Back Down!
Never Give Up!

Crystal xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment